2015/2016

2015/2016

Rabu, 05 Agustus 2015

Gareth Bale hands Manchester United transfer blow by outlining determination to stay at Real Madrid

The Welshman found the net against ex-club Tottenham in the Audi Cup in a central role and insists he will stay in the Spanish capital

Rafael Benitez with Gareth Bale as he is substituted
Rafael Benitez with Gareth Bale as he is substituted
Gareth Bale reminded Tottenham what they are missing - and then dashed Manchester United's hopes of signing him this summer.
United target Bale scored Madrid's second with a trademark strike in their 2-0 Audi Cup friendly win over his old club Spurs at the Allianz Arena.
Then the world's most expensive player, £85m Bale, outlined his determination to stay at the Bernabeu after new boss Rafa Benitez handed him the central role he craved.
Wales star Bale said: “I am optimistic about the season. I am confident anyway.
“It’s great to have the support of the manager and the president and hopefully I can repay them now with some goals and trophies.
“I enjoy playing through the middle. It's my best position. When I played for Tottenham I played my best football there.
“It definitely gives me more freedom. I can go out left, go out right and go through the centre. It's where I want to play.
“When I play for Wales I play there and play my best football and hopefully I can do that this season."
Bale's celebration was muted after his late goal sealed victory for Real.
He said: “Of course when you play against your former team it’s always a little bit weird, but it’s a pre-season game and the main thing for us was fitness.
ActionGareth Bale scores the second goal for Real Madrid
Letting fly: Bale scores Real's second in Munich
“We came back from Australia only three days ago and we had three days off so coming into this was a bit difficult but it was good to get the win and it was nice to score.
“There are some familiar faces but there has been a lot of change.
“I know a few of the players staying in the same hotel so it’s nice to catch up with everybody and hopefully they will do well this season.”
Bale, who shot to stardom after his heroics for Spurs in the Champions League, backed his old club's bid to get back into the top four and Europe's biggest club competition.
He said: “They play some great stuff. They are a bit weary, they have got their first Premier League game this weekend so they are preparingfor that.
“Hopefully, they can do well and qualify for the Champions League.”



Source : Mirror